|Dawn McRae is passionate about food!
When Dawn attained her Culinary Certification with Red Seal in 2000, she never looked back. Her passion for food and her creative talents, enriched while working at multiple catering companies and restaurants in Vancouver and Victoria, marry to produce sumptuous meals that not only look beautiful but also taste wonderful.
Over 17 years in the industry has allowed her to develop a personal cooking style that is a fusion of West Coast and various international cuisines. She enjoys creating new and unique dishes, while playing with the different textures, flavours and colours which our local palette of ingredients provides.
Guests will find globally inspired flavours including Moroccan, Asian, Indian, African and Mediterranean, incorporating spices such as ras el hanout, star anise, chimichurri, onion seeds and lots of fresh herbs. As well, locally produced, fresh organic foods, seafood and artisan products from the Comox Valley are intertwined into many of her dishes when possible.
Invite Dawn to bring her passion of food and creative talents to your home, so you can enjoy your own unique dining experience.
As an established business for more than 8 years, it is a fundamental priority for Custom Gourmet Catering to do more than just provide outstanding guest experiences. We are proud to be committed community members as employers, customers, service providers, sponsors, mentors and friends. Partnerships are developed with suppliers, industry peers and community groups to ensure our activities are generating positive outcomes across the board.
Some of the ways we do our part to save the planet....
- Meals and menus are created using fresh, seasonal and ethical produce, with ingredients sourced from local and regional suppliers when possible
- As a company we use sustainable seafood and support our local fishing industry whenever possible.
- We avoid using disposables and have replaced them by using those that are re-usable, biodegradable and/or compostable.
- We compost all of our organic waste.
- We compost all of our paper waste.
- We have a recycling program for paper, glass, cardboard, and plastic containers. Through our events we keep an average of three full garbage bags out of the landfills each week.
- We use biodegradable garbage bags for the little amount of garbage we do generate.
- Our coffee is local, fair trade and organic from Royston Roasting Company.
- We avoid individually packaged sugar and cream for our coffee service and use real spoons, not disposable stir sticks.
- We maintain our vehicles and have them serviced to ensure we are not polluting the air.
Long before 'sustainability' became a buzz word, we have been committed to sustainable practices, because it just makes good business sense being part of a larger community. We think you will agree.